The Commission on Judicial Performance is committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors. The Commission does not collect any personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information Collected and Stored
The Commission on Judicial Performance does not track or record information about individuals.
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically gathers and stores certain information. This information does not personally identify you. Your e-mail address is not automatically collected. Only the following information is collected and stored:
- Your Internet domain and IP address.
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our site.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The pages you viewed on our Web site.
- The address of the Web site from which you reached us, if you come to our Web site from a link on another Web site.
Purpose of Collecting Information
At the present time, we are simply collecting the information. In the future, we may use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by improving its content. We may use the IP address and domain name to diagnose problems with our server and to keep our Web site running smoothly. We may wish to know the number of visitors to our site and the
types of technology they use.
The Web site of the Commission on Judicial Performance includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. These external links are provided as a convenience and are for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Commission on Judicial Performance of any of the products, services, or opinions of any organization or individual. When users select a link to an outside (external) Web site, they are leaving the CJP-sponsored Web site and may be subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside Web Site. Please contact staff from the sponsor of the linked Web site for answers to questions regarding content on that site.
In using the hypertext linkage or pointers to the linked Web site, the user acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- The Commission on Judicial Performance does not verify, control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked Web site.
- The Commission on Judicial Performance does not endorse the organizations sponsoring a linked Web site and does not endorse the views it expresses or the products/services it provides.
- The Commission on Judicial Performance does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in a linked Web site.
- The Commission on Judicial Performance does not bear responsibility for transmissions or materials the user receives from a linked Web site.
- The Commission on Judicial Performance does not verify, control or guarantee a linked Web site’s compliance with applicable law or regulation.
If You E-Mail Us…
If you choose to send us personal information by e-mail, we may use the information to respond to your message and for no other purpose. We do not give it to any other public or private organization for any purpose. However, if you send us a threat or a message that describes or promotes unlawful activity, we will share it with law enforcement.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our Web site, you may write to us at:
Commission on Judicial Performance
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 14400
San Francisco, CA 94102